The cold and flu season is here! It can be challenging trying to figure out how to feel better, but an excellent way of guarding against airborne germs is the use of certain essential oils. Essential oils such as eucalyptus radiata, ravintsara, tea tree, lavender, palmarosa, geranium, wild scotch pine, rosemary cineole & bay laurel can naturally boost your immune system. Many of these same oils can help with congestion, headaches, coughs, swollen glands, fever and other symptoms of cold and flu. eucalyptus radiata is one of the most effective oils at calming respiratory function, it is antiviral, antibacterial yet child safe. I use eucalyptus radiata in the bath, diffuse in the air or apply directly to the chest for relief from congestion for me or my kids in the winter, although some of those with sensitive skin might consider mixing it with a carrier oil such as olive or sweet almond before application.
Cold and Flu is not the only reason to use essential oils, they have so many benefits and uses that I can't list them all in this forum. I use lavender to help us sleep when things get stressful, rosemary to stay alert when I am studying, peppermint for a headache, lemon to cheer me up, I even used one to help my body go into labor when I was pregnant. Which brings up another point, please be careful when using essential oils, not all are safe for children, pregnancy, or some diseases and disorders.
Simplers brand also makes some wonderful blends that can be used directly on the skin and they work well. A few of these first aid oils included are Shingles Aid, Yeast Aid, Scar & Burn and many more. All Simplers brand will be 20% off during the months of November and December, 2010, exactly when they are needed most. I love this brand because they create some of the best quality therapeutic grade organic essential oils on the market. For help in navigating this sometimes confusing world of essential oils, please ask a health & beauty associate or reference Simplers website at http://www.simplers.com/.
